Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Can't Even Think of a Title

According to my Kindle (for Mac) I have precisely completed 50% of 50 Shades Darker BY E.L James, and what do I have to show for it? -Zip

I wouldn't call it writers block per say, more like a lack of motivational material in this sequel. So far, I've "witnessed", if you will, a make-up, psycho ex, glamourous charity event, a MRS. ROBINSON (I'll admit that one was a shocker) oh and colossal amounts of sex. So much so, it's almost sickening - but that's why we love the book so I can't be mad. But honestly, this sequel so far is missing something that its predecessor simply radiated. 


On a positive note, Ana is slowly developing; wishes do come true. She is proving to be a strong independent young woman and I praise her for putting that nasty old Elena Lincoln (a.k.a Mrs. Robinson) into her place - who does she think she is? You go Ana (Bella would have never done something like that).

As for Christian and Ana's relationship, it's cute... I guess. Definitely making me a little jealous (it's just a book, Lex, it's just a book). So far, after five weeks, they have confessed their love for one another and have both made intense compromises. Is it realistic - not at all. Is it romantic? You'd better believe it. Sadly though, all it's been is Ana and Christian. Where are the other developed characters? Will James ever bring Kate back from Barbados? Will she make Mia or Elena more important characters? Unfortunately, I feel like a potentially good story has been overshadowed by expensive cars and foreplay.

HELLO! Stop with the sex twice every chapter - let's get to a climax!! (No pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment