Monday, May 14, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Christian Grey

So Christian and Ana get their happily ever after. Go figure - rich, married and happy; I bet they're republican (Besides the point). The finale to this trilogy made me......upset. Am I simply acting as a jealous critic, labeling this story as complete FANTASY because it's something I don't possess?

I'd like to think not but then again, why would I ever expect this fantasy erotica novel to be anywhere near realistic. My mistake. Still it got so farfetched from life - where was the deceit, the cheating and agony? Sad to say but that is real life. Christian's painful memories of his past do not make up for Ana's lack of personal history. Her characters purity and naivety made her someone who should have lived during the days of Jane Austen or Tess D'urbervilles; which oddly enough she relates herself to.

I'm even finding it hard to blog about because I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself. Yes the entire series was far from realistic, but was anything believable about it? (Seriously taking the time to think about it -so far it's been five minutes).....................................maybe the accident that Ray got into with Jose and his father. Even then, however, his recovery was lucky; anyone else would have been brain dead.

I'm sad to say that I'm disappointed with the last two books because I was excited to read the story any time I got the chance. However, nothing compares to the first book of the series. It was surprising and Christian Grey proved to be a mysterious character that readers were compelled to discover. Ana, too, grew throughout the series. Not so much in the first novel, but definitely in the third; she distinguished herself from Bella and become quite the independent confident young lady. One that all women could aspire to be like. So, finally I will say 50 Shades of Grey is a MUST read. But the sequel 50 Shades Darker is good if you weren't completely satisfied with it's predecessor. Unfortunately, I will say 50 Shades Freed is not a read I would recommend.

50 Shades of Grey: READ


50 Shades Darker: eh- it's up to you

50 Shades Freed: Don't torture yourself; trust me 

No comments:

Post a Comment